Dr Andrew C Aitchison on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:36:30 +0200

elldata updates

The elldata package was built in Sep 2006 from J. E. Cremona's
Elliptic Curve Data.
Cremona updated this data in Jan 2009
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/staff/J.E.Cremona/ftp/data/jan2009
with some corrections and the addition of a complete list of all
integral points on all curves in the database.

Is the conversion from Cremona's data to the PARI file simple
for someone to explain to me, so that I could build a new version
of the PARI elldata, or should I wait for it to be built ?

I enclose a pari-elldata.spec file for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
(I suggest a separate spec file from the main pari package as the
two have different update cycles and are compatible across versions).

------- pari-elldata.spec ---

Name: pari-elldata
Version: 20060925
Release: 1
License: GPL2+
Group: System Environment/Libraries
Source0: http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/packages/elldata.tgz
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root
Requires: pari >= 2.2.11
BuildArch: noarch
%description
elldata: PARI version of the Elliptic curve data by J. E. Cremona,
<http://www.maths.nott.ac.uk/personal/jec/ftp/data>, for use
with ellsearch, ellidentity and ellgenerators.
Require PARI 2.2.11 or higher.

%prep
%setup -c -T -a0 -n %{name}

%build

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
%__mkdir_p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%_datadir/pari/
mv data/elldata $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%_datadir/pari/

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%_datadir/pari/elldata
%doc

%changelog
* Thu Apr 16 2009 Dr Andrew C Aitchison <werdna@dpmms.cam.ac.uk> - 20060925-1
- Initial build.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison		Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@dpmms.cam.ac.uk	http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna