Alessio Rocchi on Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:06:02 +0100

[Repost due to problems on POP server] matsolve() gp function and PARI matrix allocation in C

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I don't know if the message has still reached the right address.
Follows original message.
Hi everybody.
Today i've two question to ask for...
I go listing 'em:
1) I'm experiencing a problem related to matsolve() gp function.
I invoke it in the following way:

matsolve([1,1,0,0,0;1,0,0,2,0;0,1,1,0,1;4,0,0,0,1;1,0,0,0,0],
[6,98,100,165,176,2]~)

The output is an error message like "inconsistent data in gauss".
I didn't find any help about it into the gp tutorial.
I'm quite sure that the previous systems has solutions, but i can't
get the way for the matsolve() to work.

2) the second question is related to matrix dynamic allocation with libpari
and C.
This one is not a real problem: only a doubt i have about correct use of
pari.
I alloc dynamic mxn matrices using the standard C way:

GEN** mat;
long size;
mat=(GEN**)malloc(size*sizeof(GEN*);

Is this the correct way to do it in parior is maybe there some better (and
maybe faster) way?

May anyone help me?
Thank you very much.
Alessio Rocchi