Dominique on Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:02:15 +0100

forbidden division t_REAL % t_INT when compiling Perl Crypt modules

Hi,

I recently installed Math::Pari 2.010603 built against Pari 2.1.6. After
resolving the PERL_UNUSED_VAR issue (thanks Ilya) I was able to compile and make test the
Pari module relatively cleanly, with a few warnings (amongst other Warning:
insufficient precision for fundamental units, not given.), Gnuplot errors
(not installed) and a few skipped tests - no info on those.

All tests successful, 1 test and 27 subtests skipped.

However when compiling other Perl modules which depend on Pari I am getting
errors. One of these modules is Crypt::Random:

t/generator..........ok 1/18PARI:   ***   forbidden division t_REAL % t_INT.
at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/Math/Pari.pm line 978.
t/generator..........dubious
(Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 with Perl 5.6.1).

With Solaris 9 SPARC (also Perl 5.6.1) make test simply hangs after the first subtest.

I found some similar questions through Google but no actual solutions. Has
anyone on the list ran into this issue?

regards,
Dominique