Bill Allombert on Sun, 07 Nov 2004 20:40:09 +0100

experimental pari-ntl package

Hello PARI-dev,

I would like to announce the pari-ntl package.
This is a framework to interface GP with the NTL library of Victor Shoup
<http://www.shoup.net/ntl>.

It is available at
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/pari-ntl.tgz>

Read the README file for installation instruction.

The package consists mainly of a C++ source file and a GP script.

When loaded the GP script give access to some NTL routine under GP.
for example, ntlfactormod() is the NTL implementation of factormod:

The functions available are: ntlfactorff, ntlpolrootsff, ntlffinit,
ntlfactormod, ntlfactorcantor, ntlfactor (for polynomials over Z only),
ntllllint.

The C++ source file can also be used as a framework to interface GP with
other NTL functions. It provide code for converting between some NTL and
PARI objects (integers and polynomials).

Acknowledgement: I would like to thank Guillaume Hanrot for contributing
the lllint wrapper code.