Igor Schein on Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:37:39 +0100

Opteron performance

Hi,

I am running Redhat Enterprise AS.  If I link pari against stock GMP
library, I am losing about 15% performance compared to when I link
pari against self-built GMP ( same version of GMP in both cases, 4.1.2
).  This is a warning to everyone who uses GMP kernel.

Any idea on why it may be the case?  I'd like to hear from other
Opteron users, Redhat and not, whether this result holds.  I know
Redhat never optimizes its library, but then again I didn't do any
special optimization when I was building GMP either.

Thanks

Igor