Bill Allombert on Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:11:36 +0200

Re: diviuexact

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 05:17:19PM +0200, Karim Belabas wrote:
> * Bill Allombert [2004-06-20 15:55]:
> > Only in none/mp.c:
> > addiispec, subiispec, gcd_plus_minus
> >
> > Only in gmp/mp.c:
> > divrr_with_gmp
> >
> > I suppose we should make gcd_plus_minus and divrr_with_gmp static,
> > but what for addiispec and subiispec? (muliispec is public, and
> > use in Flx.c).
> >
> > Note that public and documented is not the same thing.
>
> Just make everything static for the time being. Next time someone (e.g I)
> needs them:

Done.

> 1) she'll think twice before using an undocumented routine
> 2) she'll remove the 'static' keyword but then feel obliged to document the
> routine.

For that matter, note that a lot of routine are public and undocumented,
since we cannot use static routines across modules of the library. This
is less a problem for the kernel since it is merged with cat rather than
ld. Also static routines make PARI harder to debug since you cannot
install them inside GP.