Karim Belabas on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:01:04 +0100

Re: Zeta function bug?

* Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> [2004-01-15 15:31]:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:43:47PM +0100, Karim Belabas wrote:
> > 2) launching the NullSoft Installer with input Odos/pari.nsi
> > (see http://nsis.sourceforge.net/ )
> >
> > The latter builds the nice graphical self-extracting binary, and I do
> > not think it is available for any other platform than Windows.
> >
> > So we can set up an autobuilder, but it will have to be a Windows system
> > ( or a pretty good 'wine' emulation... ). Or find a replacement for the
> > Installer, which had better be good because I'm rather fond of the NullSoft
> > one.
>
> It seems Pari.exe does not include the PARI include files.
> Is it an oversight ?

I did the Pari.exe thing for people stranded on Windows, with little knowledge
of software development on their system. Anybody with a use for include files
will not use 'Pari.exe' but download a .tgz. It's much smaller for one thing,
and you get the source code ( without which the library documentation is
almost unusable ).

> If anyone could send me the cygwin paricfg.h, I would be glad since it is
> needed for cross-building, as far as I understand.

Done.

As I understood it, you want to provide a drop-in replacement for
libpari-2.2.dll / gp.exe for people having already used the Pari.exe
installer ? Good luck !

Cheers,

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                     Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dep. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425   Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19