Bill Allombert on Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:19:54 +0100

Re: nffactor() bug

> When I wanted to tried building a debugging binary on the same platform (via Configure -g) I got this compilation error:
>
> ../src/kernel/none/mp.c: In function `muluu':
> ../src/kernel/none/mp.c:620: `asm' operand requires impossible reload

As far as I can tell this bug is due to a register starvation in gcc.
Compiling this file with -O fix the problem (probably the optimised code
use less registers).

It is not clear whether it a bug or a limitation in gcc or a bug in
PARI.

The problem with the functions returning `int' on 64bit is not solved
yet. Maybe it is time do implement something ?