Denis Simon on Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:17:29 +0200 (CEST)

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]


Hello dear pari-dev,

I was wondering about the terminology 
'matadjoint' used in gp.
In some linear algebra book, I found that the 
'adjoint' of a matrix is the transpose of the conjugate
(complex conjugate) of a matrix. 
It seems that the result of matajoint is the transpose
of the 'comatrix'. In which book can I find the name
'adjoint' for this matrix ?
Is the french terminology different from the english one ?

Denis SIMON.