Bill Allombert on Sun, 18 May 2003 16:12:41 +0200

Re: plotQt.c

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:41:21PM +0200, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> Nils Skoruppa [pari-dev-2701] wrote:
> > if someone would like to try plotQt.c, an alternative to plotX.c,
> > plotgnuplot.c and in particular to plotnull.c, which uses Trolltech's Qt
> > lib, you can download the file at
> > http://wotan.algebra.math.uni-siegen.de/~countnumber/zaurus/
>
> Hi,
>
>   I've committed the above and a preliminary integration in
> Configure to CVS. Use
>
>    Configure --graphic=qt,
> or
>    Configure --with-qt,
> or
>    Configure --with-qt=QTDIR,
>
> It seems to work flawlessly under Linux.

Well, I have extended get_Qt to try harder.
It works fine on Debian GNU/Linux ia64.
On x86, it works with both QT2 and QT3, but not with QTE (Qt embedded).

There is a bug though: Typing Control-C after the first window is open
triggers a SEGV and freezes the window.

> Configure glitches:
>   * should link with g++, not $(LD)
>
>   * should actually try to find a C++ compiler (g++ currently hardwired in
>     Makefile, easy to change by hand though)
>
> I don't really want to add Configure support for different C++ compilers
> than g++ (shared library creation is already a nightmare, I don't want to
> introduce yet another layer of complexity).

Especially that other C++ compilers may fails to work properly due to
C++ compatibility issues.

If you provide a way to handle C++ file, I will add NTL support.