Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:15:31 -0700

Re: Cygwin + DLL

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:36:21AM +0200, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> > The recent Math::Pari build DLLs not only with Cygwin, but with mingw
> > and M$ cl as well.  So the simplest way out may be to modify the
> > export list (FUNCLIST of the toplevel Makefile.PL) so that the
> > resulting DLL works with gp-dyn.
>
> I checked out Math-Pari-2.010402 (dated Mar 21 2003, which looked recent
> enough) and I can't find FUNCLIST anywhere.

 perldoc ExtUtils::MakeMaker

(sp?) or ExtUtils::MM_Unix.  FUNCLIST is not *needed* for Perl
modules; but putting it in may allow using the build DLL in other
situations too (e.g., without Perl interpreter loaded; some dummy PL_*
entries may need to be exported from the executable - similar to what
we did to allow loading Term::Gnuplot as the plotter; Hmm - IICR
Term::Gnuplot should use something like FUNCLIST to enable this).

Hope this helps,
Ilya