Michael Somos on Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:12:04 -0500

Re: gp: gcd(0), tan(Pi/2) error messages unhelpful

pari-dev,

> The second one is easy to fix:

Thanks.

> For the first one, it's more awkward.

Really? The three functions (gcd,lcm,chinese) according to the
documentation require at least one argument, but the rest are
optional. Therefore, I would expect that giving only one argument
would be valid. It seems this is not currently the case. In my
actual application, I accidently only gave one argument by mistake.
In any case, replacing "associative" with "associative (gcd,lcm,
chinese)" would be a small step towards helpfulness. Shalom, Michael