Ilya Zakharevich on Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:33:57 -0700

Re: t_INT API

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 01:40:49PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I propose to use the following interface:
> #define int_MSW(x)
> x being a t_INT, return a pointer to the most significant word of an t_INT.
>
> #define int_LSW(x)
> x being a t_int, return a pointer to the least significant word of an t_INT.
>
> #define int_nextW(x)
> x pointing to a mantissa word, return the next (more significant) mantissa word.
>
> #define int_precW(x)
> x pointing to a mantissa word, return the previous (less significant) mantissa word.

[Do not see any usage for next/prec.]  I need a way to access the word
number n.

BTW, a long time ago I sent a patch to make PARI to support C
interface to GEN.  It was not included that time, mostly since the
release of 2.1.0 was close.  Looks like it's the time to revisit the topic?

Ilya