Igor Schein on Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:42:34 -0400

Configure issues

Hi,

In latest CVS, config/objdir command outputs 'Osolaris-sparcv9' on
Solaris 2.7.  So if I choose, for example, 'none' instead of 'sparcv9'
when running Configure, make command don't work in top level
directory, since it's looking to cd to Osolaris-sparcv9.  This all is
a consequence of latest changes to Configure, after which top-level
Makefile is not a link to a corresponding Makefile in objdir anymore.
So I'm curious, what are the plans for Configure?  Will the build from
top-level directory be obsoleted?  If, like in my case, I wanna have
2 objdirs, one for optimized kernel and one for portable kernel,
it's not consistent that I can build one from top level, while having
to cd to the objdir for the other.

Thanks

Igor