Ilya Zakharevich on Sun, 23 Dec 2001 02:06:13 -0500

two bugs in 2.2.0

First, since local() is not known as a function name, having it
misplaced from the leading position leads to a very confusing message:

? xx() = if(1,,); local(y); 2
? xx
  ***   expected character: '=' instead of: if(1,,);local(y);2
                                                            ^--

Second, is the following working as expected?  I do not think that
such simple polynomials would require something as drastic as this:

  ones(N) = (t^N - 1)/(t - 1)
  allocatemem(132*1024^2)
  p = 3456; ones(3*p-1) % ones(p)

runs out of memory (and is quite slow if not).

BTW, I see that the documentation mentions a message "deep
recursion".  Did not find it in PARI sources.  Could not get it,
neigher on Solaris, nor on OS/2.  What gives?

Ilya