Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:31:18 -0500

Re: library installation/Mac OS X

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 02:17:01PM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> What I exactly meant was to have two libraries:
>
>   libparikernel.a  (src/kernel)
>   libpari.so       (the rest)
>
> and request that executables (in particular gp) be linked with -lparikernel
> -lpari.

This does not solve the problems with Math::Pari: its build needs to
produce a DLL, not an "executable".  Somehow, I did not see error
reports related to this; are contemporary linkers smart enough to
recognize that some .o files are not relocatable, so they produce
non-shared DLLs?

Ilya