Nils-Peter Skoruppa on Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:13:49 +0100

>1 gp symbol tables

Would it be difficult to implement the possibility for gp
of having more than one symbol table ? By just putting a command
like "module(pipapo)" at the to of a script one could then switch to a
new or
existing symbol table called pipapo and back to others or
to "main", and thereby implement easily own name spaces for scripts.
I fear that this pari stack thing complicates matters but ...

[I looked into the src's, but gave up to understand gp's parser
in a reasonable amount of time.
However, if it would be doable I could try to hire a student for it ...]

Greetings,
---Nils Skoruppa

--
Prof. Dr. Nils-Peter Skoruppa - Fachbereich Mathematik