Bill Allombert on Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:03:19 +0100

Re: inequalities

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 10:51:42AM -0800, Carl R. Witty wrote:
> I don't think that
>   (a<b)<c
> should necessarily give a warning; I think it would be nice if
>   a<b<c
> gave a warning.
>
> Yes, I realize that it may be annoying to tell these cases apart.
>
> Carl Witty

The problem is that the (yacc) parser eats up the parens,
so after parsing, there is no way to tell the difference.

However, a<b is (in the compiler) of type boolean,
and it can issue a warning if a boolean is used in a
comparaison.

Bill.