Bill Allombert on Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:14:35 +0100 (MET)

Re: [PARI] about the behavior of install()

>This
>
>   a) makes the directory optional;
>   b) does not hardwire the DLL prefix and postfix (which are
>      different on different systems...);
>
>Ilya

I do not understand.  On a `normal' system , you can create and use
shared object with the name you like. The name affects only the
automatic linking (ld.so) and not the explicit linking (libdl).
Shared objects used in gp do not need to be registered with the
automatic linking system whatsoever, so they can have the name and be
in the directory you want.

Cheers,

Bill