Karim Belabas on Fri, 03 Mar 2023 17:45:46 +0100

new PARI/GP project leader

Dear PARI lovers,

  I would like to announce that Aurel Page agreed to replace me as the
scientific leader for the PARI/GP project. Bill Allombert remains the
package maintainer and main developer. Thanks to both of them !

  Besides being an great mathematician and programmer, Aurel has been
involved in PARI development for about 10 years, contributing massive
pieces of code in various areas, alone or in collaboration with others:
central simple algebras, subfields of number fields, Hecke characters
and L-functions, Galois representations attached to weight 1 modular
forms, linear algebra over Z/NZ, etc.

  He's also a very nice and friendly person :-).

  I will remain involved and help as much as possible, but it was time
to move on. It's been quite a ride since I took over from Henri Cohen in 1995.
Thank you all for your support through all these years !

Long live PARI/GP,

    K.B.
--
Pr Karim Belabas, U. Bordeaux, Vice-président en charge du Numérique
Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux UMR 5251 - (+33) 05 40 00 29 77