Andy Stubbs on Wed, 23 Dec 1998 21:36:49 +0000 (GMT)

Re: libpari_dll.h missing?

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Igor Schein wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 03:02:46PM -0500, Robert Campbel wrote:

>> I was unable to find an include file with a name similar to
>> libpari_dll.h
>> in the source distribution. Can anyone help me with this?

As far as I recall, libpari_dll.h is a file which should be created
during the construction of the library. there should be documentation
explaining the process on the cygnus site. I suppose it's possible that
there was some change from b19.1 (which is what the config scripts were
designed for) to b20[.1] which breaks this.

>> A separate (and less important) question: Before reaching this point
>> I had to do substantial hand modification of the Configure file and
>> the resulting Makefiles in order to produce reasonable paths
>> (eg /bin/sh had to be replaced with either "sh" or
>> "/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/sh"). Is there an easier way to
>> do this?
>
>I did the following:
>
>ln -s /cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin /bin

Yes you should actually have /bin/sh -- many of the cygnus utilities
expect it to be there (or at least a link), especially make. this is one
of a few cygwin installation issues.

as an aside, bash from b19.1 was notorious for crashing... has this been
fixed?

Andy

--
Andy Stubbs <agstubbs@liverpool.ac.uk>