Gerhard Niklasch on Tue, 28 Apr 1998 19:31:02 +0200

Re: 64-bit benchmarker, and list archive

1. Yesterday I asked

> Any kind soul listening who has access to a 64-bit machine,
> and a working PARI-GP 2.0.[>=5].alpha on it, and with a few
> seconds CPU time to spare?
>
> I'd like to see timings ... for...

and now I say <<merci bien>> in public to Guillaume Hanrot who
kindly took a series of measurements on some 500MHz Alphas.

2. If all goes well, the PARI mailing lists archive at
http://pari.home.ml.org/ should run entirely automatically
as of this message  (without me having to feed each incoming
message to the archiver Perl script by hand).  Procmail is
your friend.  Fingers crossed...

Enjoy, Gerhard