John Cremona on Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:25:14 +0200

Re: finite fields -- choice of defining polynomial

PS Thanks for the Lubeck reference, which I did not know and which is very interesting. He  explains very well the property of Conway polynomials which  I was using, and also explains how his polynomials and finite field models can also provide the coherent system of roots of unity which we require. And since he has a GAP implementation, it may not be hard to access from Sage (which already uses libgap). So that is 1 out of 3 systems...