Loïc Grenié on Wed, 11 Oct 2017 16:25:04 +0200

Re: Horizontal scrolling of input under Windows

On 2017-10-11 at 13:49 GMT+02:00 Bill said:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 05:57:20PM +0200, Loďc Grenié wrote:
>      Dear Pari users,
>
>      I have just installed pari/gp under windows. I have the problem
>   that, with long input lines, the terminal is scrolling horizontally
>   instead of splitting the input on several lines. I have already tried
>   to set "horizontal-scoll-mode" of readline to off, but to no avail.
>
>     Does anyone know whether it is possible to obtain the "regular"
>   behavior under windows?

Unfortunately, the best option on Windows 10 is to use Ubuntu emulation.
This way you have an ANSI compliant terminal with regular behavior.

     I have an ansi compliant terminal (cygwin's) however I don't get
  readline working with that terminal. I think I will recompile pari/gp
  under cygwin instead of using the regular windows package...

       Loïc