James Cloos on Fri, 17 Feb 2017 17:53:12 +0100

Re: Verifying Elliptic Curve Cryptography

All,

Thanks for that.  I knew about (or at least had known about)
ellfromeqn(), but stupidly didn't think of it. :(

I did have to set parisizemax to a large value in ~/.gprc to
get ellcard() to work.

The main benefits of the modern curves are that constant time
implementations are straighforward, have reasonable performance.
Avoiding things like points at infinity helps avoid input testing.

That also means they are typically presented in Montgomery or
Edwards form.  Or twists thereof.  But almost never in Weierstrass.

Thanks.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6