Timothy Murphy on Thu, 18 Feb 2016 02:45:16 +0100

Query from a gp newbie

What exactly is the relation between elldata and Cremona's tables?
If elldata does not contain all Cremona's tables,
what is the simplest way to access Cremona's data
given the name of a curve, eg "880a1", returned by ellidentify?

I am running gp on a Fedora-23 laptop, having installed it
from Fedora's pari-* packages.
I see that elldata was installed in /usr/share/pari/,
while you recommend placing your recent elldata
in /usr/local/share/pari .
Can I delete the old elldata files?

I should say that I am immensely impressed with gp,
and would like to thank you very much for it.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net