Rafael Guglielmetti on Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:38:08 +0100

Precision in the PARI library (gp_read_str)

Dear PARI users,
I would like to compute the eigenvalues of a real symmetric matrix with PARI in a C++ program. To create the matrix, I use several information I read in a text file, create a string and use gp_read_str.

My problem: if one of the entry of the matrix is "sqrt(3)" for example, then the correspondent t_GEN has DEFAULTPREC and I'd like BIGDEFAULTPREC. My question is the following: how can I increase the precision of gp_read_str?

Thanks.

Regards,

Rafael