Kaz Kobara on Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:46:54 +0100

RE: Your help needed

Dear Bill and all,

> Not unless you know the factorisation of the order of the elliptic curve,
> or some similar useful information

Thank you for this information.

That's why the manual of ellorder()
http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/html/Functions_related_to_elliptic_cu
rves.html
suggests to supply o of

? N = p+1-ellap(E,p); o = [N, factor(N)];

This solved our problem. Thank you very much.

I have another favor to ask you or pari-users.

E = ellinit([a,b], 2)

defines EC over F2, but how EC over GF(2^m) can be defined on PARI/GP?

Best regards,
Kaz