Charles Greathouse on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:49:40 +0100

Re: Re : Function vs list of instructions executed separately

You can also paste in your source including braces. But probably the better thing would be to save the source and type \r to read it in again. (No need to retype the filename if you just used it.)

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:38:40AM +0100, Ewan Delanoy wrote:
> Thanks for all your corrections Bill.
>
>  >Do not use \ at end of line inside {}, because \ is an operator in
> >GP , so a \ b is legal. Instead indent your code
>
>  I admit that this use of "\" is not pretty, but I happen to use copy-paste a lot from my source files to the PARI_GP interpreter and the indented code you suggest will not compile correctly if copy-pasted
> into the interpreter, it will interpret every line break as a separator between different functions or instructions.

You can use brace even in the interpretor:
- Type
{
- Paste your code
- Type