Bill Allombert on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:50:40 +0100

Re: ellgroup hangs for certain input on Version 2.6.2 (development git-0f10e3b)

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 05:22:09PM +0000, Richard Heylen wrote:
> I know that testing for irreducibiltiy is slow so don't do it. Why
> does ellgroup go into a busy loop? Can't this be detected cheaply and
> the you could have it return some junk quickly?

ellgroup first run ellcard (which gives a wrong result) then it generates
random points P and Q until it believes they generates the curves, which never
happens in this case.