Alasdair McAndrew on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 02:18:06 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Elliptic curves over GF(p)?
- To: pari-users <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Elliptic curves over GF(p)?
- From: Alasdair McAndrew <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:17:54 +1000
- Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 02:18:16 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=kIKAHI37BPR7LFCnDwHW9sqNadSk2G1d5sAhaWwsYGE=; b=zDKMvPp9ajL0Ckgb0HK4JlWqdoM4PgFhpwdNOkUknzoFVs5YPIA4YrrT/bZJe8jFE7 F01imhji+sX0uNtEFH/oFXahvQ41zfLdIubY/zMVBxs44xHScVzW7Ts0ni0zDfnYM6NM 0mXlIoC33yGsyhGu9XD3m7uVzcZ84RXJOWtv2MUKQI8VUnfA1VDIyEW7DeBtMFiTRHYh i6ved7HbYtI8HqIJ26aM4rmLUSJcD4O4CQpiEyButyQo/8jwS1BU5GdqDW2JXKTqWNcV RuQeQXs2NET6Naq1PvCRBSlXbAap+OlslkKtV7T1KNDO4n0eYW3NwLe673UeDNJv40k7 lzaA==
I want to do some simple computation on elliptic curves of the form y^2 = x^3 + ax +b (mod p), where p is prime (of at least 32 bits) . My needs are simple: define such a curve, find its cardinality, find a generator (if the cardinality is prime) or a point of high order, and in general perform arithmetic on the curve: addition, order, etc. Can libpari manage all of this? The manual is fairly sparse on elliptic curves, and it's not clear to me, as a beginner, whether Pari supports elliptic curves over finite fields GF(p).
Thanks very much!