Mike McLendon on Wed, 26 May 2010 00:23:33 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
setseriesprecision in library mode
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: setseriesprecision in library mode
- From: Mike McLendon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:22:05 -0400
- Delivery-date: Wed, 26 May 2010 00:23:33 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=M9t8084Ssi4RDy4FVDw3DR/EQJogxkZ9z40aD3r+G3s=; b=dRD1JJhj8GC9y1wl5s6pJKkq6Qs+fw4Y+gkfE8UGw8i9nBeP5B0/9Fx64+MWbfeUUX IwICK7sMwbY86PXPi6m2164zvLJLTJ69C1GCYyswQmeQxwB4633Oe6V3C3aCTP//hAnL NMD1DO8vjzLNO2r/kk2Ge8MRaKLfwxi/QDrPQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=jBkb9cWWer/OV2ynl8DeDntdoifza/wuW2HD33KyhypIZQM2pBEHPh4A5ATazWlJ9y nMO4yyOpaB5sgXs/Zd6wC+fA9xYVBw+1giG5uEqzEwx8Rr//NGmwyYj4qY0kdQqwXyu5 NzoeaLc5wj6Hcugw9eerV6RjIJFctd3tymdW8=
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
I'm using the PARI library and would like to increase the series
precision. I see that there is a prototype of a function called
"setseriesprecision" in the paridecl.h header file under the
/*default.c*/ comment. However, the "default.c" source code file does
not implement the "setseriesprecision" function. (Though it does
implement the "getrealprecision" and "setrealprecision" functions,
both of which I can use in my code.) I'm using pari-2.3.5 (stable).
I would like to increase the series precision so that functions like
tan(x) are more accurate when using the "gtopoly" function to convert
the series to a poly and then the "gsubstr" function to evalute the
poly at specific values. Perhaps the is also another way to do this?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!