Rick Regan on Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:15:56 +0200

Re: Is There a Way to Rationalize a Decimal in Pari/GP?

Thanks Bill (and John who contacted me off list). -- bestappr() does the trick!

In my case I always want the exact fraction, so I have to make sure I
specify a large enough denominator. I am converting long decimals, and
I don't want to count decimal places. The easy solution seems to be to
pass bestappr() an arbitrarily large power of 10, like

“There are 10 types of people ... those who understand binary and
those who don't” -- http://www.exploringbinary.com