John Cremona on Sat, 05 Jul 2008 15:08:53 +0200

Re: Derivation in finite fields

My reply to Benedikt went only to him and not to the list, so I am
sending it again:

I wrote a gp script to do exactly the same thing a few years ago.  You
can get it from here:

http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~masgaj/ftp/progs/pari/index.html

This does not answer your derivations question;  but I never needed to
do that in my script!

John Cremona