Rob McMillin on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:49:26 +0100

Building under Fedora 8: missing exp2 and log2

I'm building -- or trying to build -- Pari under Fedora 8 using all stock parts, with all the pieces up to date. This means GCC 4.1.2 under Linux i386 kernel 2.6.23-15. I get an "I did not find" error for both exp2 and log2; it appears that exp2 and log2 are implemented as #define macros, which fools the detection mechanism in has_exp2.c and has_log2.c, which seem to be looking for a linkable function with the exact name. There is an underlying function to handle this, but there are layers of macros that obscure the actual function calls. Any help you could offer would be gratefully received.