Karim Belabas on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:04:55 +0200

Re: Windows Vista

* Harry J. Smith [2007-03-25 06:33]:
> Will Pari GP be updated to be compatible with Windows Vista? For example the
> command ?? does not function correctly with Vista.

I have no easy access to Vista machines at present ( so I am unable to test ),
but I fixed a bug with the ?? command in XP before this week's release.

You might have had the exact same problem under Vista. Please try one
of the recent releases. Either

  http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/Pari-2-3-2.exe

(stable) or

  http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/Pari-2-4-1.exe

(unstable, alpha !) [ These are the versions publicly available for download
at http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/download.html ]

If the one you try does not work, can you give details as to exactly
how ?? "does not function correctly" ?  You might want to try '???' also.

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas                  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50