Karim Belabas on Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:02:14 +0200

Re: simple C example

* Robin Hankin [2006-07-28 12:28]:
> I have been using gp for a while now but I suppose I am still a n00b.
>
> I would like to call the pari library from a simple C program, but
> am struggling to get started.
>
> Could someone post (or point me towards) a "hello world" C program
> that uses the PARI library to, say, factorize a large integer and
> then evaluate ellwp()?

Hi,

  did you check section 4.8 in the Libpari User's Manual (current stable
version or http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/doc.html), which describes a
complete naive implementation of the extended Euclidean algorithm  ?

I'd be very interested in feedback as to exactly what is missing there.

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas                  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50