James McLaughlin on Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:25:14 +0200

Partitions

Just a suggestion for the next version of Pari/gp:

It would good to include a partition function that lets you pre-define
any set of integers S, and then, given any input integer n, will output a
list of partitions with parts from S.

Joerg Arndt has pointed out that he has such an algorithm in his online
book at http://www.jjj.de/fxt/#fxtbook , but it would good if someone
actually built it in to the next version of Pari/gp.

Thanks to Bill Allombert for pointing me towards a piece of code in the
faqs that I was able to adapt for what I wanted, but it would be pleasant
to have an in-built function that does the same thing.

Jimmy Mc Laughlin.