Justin Walker on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:26:06 +0100

Re: pi(x)

On Feb 22, 2005, at 11:08, Karim Belabas wrote:

* Justin Walker [2005-02-22 19:43]:
On Feb 22, 2005, at 0:24, Karim Belabas wrote:

To be even more pedantic, a single version of pari/gp may be referred to as
2.2.8, which is

ftp://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unstable/pari -2.2.8.alpha.tar.gz

(aka CVS tag release-2-2-8). This one _does_ have primepi().
Its header shows
                  GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.2.8 (alpha)
            i686 running linux (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version

All gp's whose header show 'development CHANGES' information are
pre-releases posted for comments; the version number shown is only the
target of that particular development cycle.

Thanks for clarifying that. So the version number in "development CHANGES-" labeled versions is really "the next version", not the current (tagged-in-CVS-as) version, correct?

I made a pre-release of a Windows binary which did not contain all the
things that eventually made it into 2.2.8, which you might be referring to.

Windows?  I think not! :-}

Hope this clears the confusion,

It does; thanks again.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        | Some people have a mental