Justin Walker on Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:52:47 +0200

Constructing polynomials

Hi all,

I would like to construct a polynomial/series dynamically, ending up with an "object" that I can evaluate, a la "f(1)", where 'f' is the thing constructed.

I've looked through the doc and the archives (although it's hard to know what to look for), and don't see any indication that it's possible.

In psuedo-code terms, I'd like to do something like

MyProc(a,b)=
{
    f(x)=(x+a)^b;
    for (i=1,limit, print(f(i)));
}

Is this (a) feasible; (b) not easy; (c) Forgetaboutit?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |   If you're not confused,