Markus Endres on Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:44:42 +0100

[Fwd: Re: bnrisprincipal to slow]

Hi at all,

> On 8 Dec 2003, Markus Endres wrote:
> > I want to compute the exponents on the class group generators of a given
> > bnr (in bnrinit) with bnrisprincipal.
> >
> > I know, if I use the flag 0, than I only get the exponents. But for my
> > examples this is too slow. One computation with bnrisprincipal is about
> > 4 minutes, and I have a lot of these computations (on a fast computer!).
> >
> > Is there a faster method to compute the exponents on the class group
> > generators?
>
> First make absolutely sure you are using the CVS version of PARI....

Ok, now I use the CVS version and it is really faster, fast enough for my examples. Thanks.

But I now I have some other questions. In the CVS version the output
of some routines are different form the old ones.

So I get a 'strange' result from 'rnfidealup'. How to interprete this result?

I did an idealfactor with the result from rnfidealup and this works fine in the old version.
But now, that isn't possible. Why?

Thanks

cheers

markus