McLaughlin, James on Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:49:06 +0100

Reading in a file

I just installed version 2.2.7 for windows.

An observations and then a question.

First, the ?? command does not open the users manual in a dvi window. (Adobe is installed).

My question is how do I read in a program file and then have gp send the output to another file?

Is it

\r file1 \w file2

If this is the case, how do I specify the path to file1 and file2.

For example, I have a file, prfibgpnbfu37,  on the desktop, but

\r C:\Documents and Settings\jmclaugh\Desktop\prfibgpnbfu37

generates an error message:

“*** error opening input file: C:\Documents…..

although this is the location of the file given when I click on its “properties”.

Jimmy Mc Laughlin.