Justin C. Walker on Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:16:25 -0800

Re: listput

On Sunday, December 29, 2002, at 08:49 AM, Bernadette.PERRIN-
RIOU@math.u-psud.fr wrote:

I have a stupid problem with listput. The result does not seem to be a list,
 and so I can't do it again. I make  a syntax mistake ?

I believe that the return value of listput() is the value of the second argument ('x'). Take a look at 'L' after your first call to listput().

Regards,

Justin

 Thanks !

 Bernadette

        GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.2.5 (development CHANGES-1.621)
                i686 running linux (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version
                (readline v4.1 enabled, extended help available)

                       Copyright (C) 2002 The PARI Group

PARI/GP is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.

Type ? for help, \q to quit.
Type ?12 for how to get moral (and possibly technical) support.

   realprecision = 28 significant digits
   seriesprecision = 16 significant terms
   format = g0.28

parisize = 4000000, primelimit = 500000
(17:21) gp > L=listcreate(10)
%1 = List([])
(17:21) gp > L1=listput(L,2)
%2 = 2
(17:21) gp > L2=listput(L1,3)
  ***   incorrect type in listput.

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |    Men are from Earth.