Karim BELABAS on Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:15:13 +0200 (MEST)

Re: Patch for Configure to link GNU readline under cygwin

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, HILANO Teluhiko wrote:
> The current version of Cygwin includes the readline library
> but could not be linked pari-gp with. So, I recommend to install original
> GNU readline library
> when you want to link it. Here is a patch to Configure script.
> (I checked this patch for GNU readline 4.2 and latest pari version(CVS))
> 408c408,409
> <       cygtop=/
> ---
> >       cygtop=
> >         GP_READLINE=/usr/local/include

What exactly goes wrong with the installed library ? I just checked Cygwin
package list and, assuming your Cygwin setup includes the 'readline' package,
I don't see what could prevent compiling the gp binary (or linking
libreadline.a to it).

I'd rather document precisely the problem and try to solve it in an automated

P.S: Sorry about the delay, I just noticed your post [had a lot of problems
with my email setup lately]
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19
Université Paris-Sud             Email: Karim.Belabas@math.u-psud.fr
F-91405 Orsay (France)           http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~belabas
PARI/GP Home Page: http://www.parigp-home.de/