Mark Chimley on Fri, 4 May 2001 08:18:25 +0100

Polynomials and garbage

Many thanks for all the help I have received so far. Here is another small
problem: How do you garbage collect with polynomials? My polynomial, H, has
H pointing at the stack, H[1] and H[2] point somewhere else (one is
definitely at the heap, probably because the first coefficient is gun), and
H[3] points at the stack. As these are quite clearly disconnected, how can
gerepile or gerepileupto be used on H? I have tried gerepileupto and H is
not updated, i.e. it stays in the garbage zone.

Mark.
Mark Chimley
mark@nettlerash.freeserve.co.uk
M.Chimley@bristol.ac.uk