Michael Somos on Sat, 13 Nov 1999 22:02:01 -0500 (EST)

default and secure=1

I am using the CVS source

grail:/tmp> gp
Reading GPRC: /home1/faculty/somos/.gprc ...Done.

                GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.0.18 (development)
                i686 running linux (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version
              (readline v2.2 enabled, extended help not available)

                           Copyright (C) 1989-1999 by
          C. Batut, K. Belabas, D. Bernardi, H. Cohen and M. Olivier.

Type ? for help, \q to quit.
Type ?12 for how to get moral (and possibly technical) support.

   realprecision = 28 significant digits
   seriesprecision = 16 significant terms
   format = g0.28

parisize = 4000000, primelimit = 500000
gp> default
   buffersize = 1024
   colors = "no, no, no, no, no, no, no"
   compatible = 0 (no backward compatibility)
   debug = 0
   debugfiles = 0
   debugmem = 0
   echo = 0 (off)
   format = g0.28
   help = "gphelp -detex"
   histsize = 5000
   lines = 0
   log = 0 (off)
   logfile = "pari.log"
   output = 1 (prettymatrix)
   parisize = 4000000
   path = ".:~:~/gp"
   primelimit = 500000
   prompt = "gp> "
   psfile = "/tmp/local/pari.ps"
   realprecision = 28 significant digits
[secure mode]: Do you want to modify the 'secure' flag? (^C if not)
---- (type return to continue) ----

At this point, the display halts and I have to type something to
continue the display. It seems to me that since I just wanted to
get a display of the defaults the [secure mode] question is not
required. I think this is a case of overactive security. Shalom, Michael