Michael Somos on Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:48:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: global() bug

Bill Allombert wrote :

> If you want to test GP-PARI for bugs , please use CVS version.
> Lots of bugs have already been corrected:

I think you meant this in a friendly way. However, in a very few
hours of simple trials I uncovered a lot of simple bugs in
GP/PARI Version 2.0.17(beta). These should have disappeared about
one or two years ago I think if anyone took the few hours of time
it took to uncover them. Since the bugs were in 2.0.17, it did not
matter too much that I did not have the up-to-the-minute latest
version of the source. As I said, these should have been fixed a
long time ago. I have finished my bug finding work. From now on, I
will just work around whatever bugs I find. Thanks for your efforts.

> But thanks for the others!

You are welcome.  Shalom, Michael