Jack Fearnley on Wed, 4 Mar 1998 03:03:07 +0100

dependence of format and realprecision

In GP-1.39 I was able to set precision and format independently.  For example

The order was important since setting precision would reset format.
I happen to be summing L-series to see if they sum to zero so I need a lot
of internal precision but I do not need lots of decimal places cluttering
up my screen.

In GP-2alpha the format seems to be locked into the realprecision.  That is
to say that when I change format the real precision changes accordingly.

Am I missing something here or is there some reason why the previous
flexibility is no longer provided?

	Jack Fearnley