Bill Allombert on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:22:34 +0100

Re: "--emacs" -option was functional for my Pari/GP-console but is not since GP 2.5 // P.s.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 02:47:37PM +0100, Gottfried Helms wrote:
> Two kind suggestions of Karim could I not follow:
>
> > I would also suggest to have a look at examples/minigp.c: it should be
> > simpler to simply evaluate strings on your side (and do something with
> > the GEN result, e.g. convert them to characters strings ready for output)
> > than to set up and communicate with a separate gp process.
>
> I couldn't find that minigp.c in all my sources of GP-versions (downloaded
> by tarball-archives)

It is in the examples/ directory. Please read examples/EXPLAIN
for instruction how to compile it.

The idea is that you embed the GP interpretor in your program
instead of calling an external PARI program.

Wishing you a good health,
Bill.