Robert Harron on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 05:30:31 +0200

Making idealmoddivisor_aux public

Hi,

I'm writing code for computing ray class groups and Hecke characters in Sage mostly by wrapping the functions in the pari c library. One particular function I've had to write myself is the one that takes an ideal I and returns a 'small' ideal equivalent I modulo the given modulus (Algorithm 4.3.4 of Henri Cohen's Advanced topics book). I did however find that there is a function in the pari source code that does this: idealmoddivisor_aux in the file buch3.c. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a public version of this function in the pari library, perhaps just adding a modulus argument to idealred. It's pretty essential for making efficient computations in the ray class group and I'm sure the pari library version would be quicker than what I've written!

Thanks,

Rob